Check out these performance upgrades to the DevExpress ASP.NET HTML Editor, ASPxHtmlEditor. These ASPxHtmlEditor improvements will be part of the next major release, DXperience v2010 volume 2.
Smaller HTML Render Size
- The ASPxHtmlEditor's render size is reduced because it now uses a lightweight menu for the toolbars.
- Also optimized is the embedded Spell Checker. It now loads on demand.
How much faster is that? Take look at the difference from the previous version. That is nearly a 42% increase!
- The loading time is now reduced
- Height corrections during loading are less noticeable
- Percentage width/height evaluation - The editor's size is evaluated faster during loading and browser window sizing if the width and/or height is set in percent (e.g. Width="100%")
Embedded Forms In Assembly
The ASP.NET HTML Editor and Spell Checker now embed forms, in a pre-compiled state, within their respective assemblies. You no longer have to copy the forms in your website now.
This change is result from customer feedback because most customers do not want to customize forms and therefore do not need to have a copy of them.
The change means:
- Faster design-time opening (because forms don't extract to the website automatically)
- And faster page loading (because forms shouldn't be compiled by the ASP.NET in the runtime)
Smart Tag Help
To help you customize forms, we've provided a Smart Tag help in design-time that extracts the forms to your website.
SettingsForms Property Block
Oh, the ASP.NET team has also created a Settings block for the ASPxHtmlEditor and ASPxSpellChecker. It’s called the SettingsForms and it allows you to set custom Form paths. The SettingsForms allows you to have different customized forms for different ASPxHtmlEditor and ASPxSpellChecker instances now.
Are you looking forward to the ASPxHtmlEditor Suite improvements? Drop me a line below with your thoughts. Thanks!
DXperience? What's That?
DXperience is the .NET developer's secret weapon. Get full access to a complete suite of professional components that let you instantly drop in new features, designer styles and fast performance for your applications. Try a fully-functional version of DXperience for free now: http://www.devexpress.com/Downloads/NET/