Check out the new "Master-detail" layout feature of our ASP.NET MVC GridView that's available now in the DXperience v2011.1 release!:
Our ASP.NET MVC Grid View will support master-detail data presentation of any complexity. Which means that you can nest GridViews as deep as you need or want.
The demo above shows how to create a simple master-detail relationship between two tables. All you have to do is to:
- Use two DevExpress MVC GridView extensions
- Bind the first grid (master grid) to the master data source and enable the grid's SettingsDetail.ShowDetailRow option
- Place the second grid (detail grid) into the master grid's detail row template created via the SetDetailRowTemplateContent method
- Assign a unique (dynamically generated) name to the Name property of the detail grid and set its SettingsDetail.MasterGridName property to the master grid's name
- Bind the detail grid to the detail data source whose data is retrieved in a controller action based upon the corresponding master row ID passed via a ViewData parameter
By default, end-users can expand several master rows simultaneously. You can control this behavior using the SettingsDetail.AllowOnlyOneMasterRowExpanded option.
Available now in v2011 Volume 1 Release
The new "Master-Detail" feature is available now in the DXperience v2011 volume 1 release.
Are you looking forward to using the Master-Detail layout for your DevExpress MVC GridView?
Drop me a line below with your thoughts, thanks.
Build Your Best - Without Limits or Compromise
Try the DevExpress ASP.NET MVC Extensions online now: http://mvc.devexpress.com
Read the latest news about DevExpress ASP.NET MVC Extensions
Download a free and fully-functional version of DXperience now: http://www.devexpress.com/Downloads/NET/