Check out these slick new ASP.NET Docking Controls that are available now in DXperience v2011 volume 1.
Our new ASP.NET Docking controls give you the ability to create a 'widgets' style layout with drag-and-drop functionality for your website. Other key benefits and features include:
- Custom web page layout
- Intuitive interface
- Smooth drag-and-drop
- Extensive Client-side API and events
- Callbacks (AJAX) support
- Beautiful themes provided
- Customize styles
- Flexible layouts with standalone docking controls - big win for you… more on this below
- Cross-browser support
Watch the 'ASP.NET Docking Introduction' video and learn about the ASPxDocking controls' benefits and features for you:
ASP.NET Docking Controls
The new ASP.NET Docking controls are called ASPxDocking and they will be released as part of the ASPxperience Library.
ASPxDocking offers 3 new stand-alone controls that have been design to interoperate well:
- ASPxDockPanel - As a content place holder, this control holds your content. It can be dragged among different 'dock zones'. Or it can float like our ASPxPopupControl
- ASPxDockZone - A container control for dock panels. The ASPxDockPanel can be docked within the ASPxDockZones.
- ASPxDockManager - A non-visual control that allows you as the web developer to manage the central layout and handle all the events
Together the three components allow your end-users to move content panels between specific regions (dock zones) of a web page. A dock panel can either be docked to a dock zone or made to float. Dock zones can be placed within any section of a page; orientation and size is fully customizable. ASPxDockManager allows you to provide centralized programmatic control of all dock panels and dock zones contained within a page.
Advantage: Flexible Layout Customization
A key advantage for you is that the ASPxDocking controls are standalone. Therefore, our docking solution does not require you to place the dock panels and zones into some parent layout control.
Why is this important? Because you can place standalone panels, zones and manager docking controls on different web pages!
Here's an example of how you can place the controls on multiple pages:
- A child page with a panel and manager docking controls
- and its master page can have a zone control
- and a user control instantiated inside this page can contain one more panel
And all of the docking controls will work nicely with each other and give you a 'single layout' capability across multiple web pages!
Watch the 'ASP.NET Docking Introduction' video to see many of these key features in action:
- Forbidden zones
- Load content via callbacks
- Runtime layout customization
- Client-side events and API
- Server-side functionality - for example, the AllowedDockState property lets you change a panel's docking behavior on the server side
- Server-side events
What do you think of the new ASPxDocking controls? Drop me a line below with your thoughts, thanks!
Save time and money...
Save time and money with high quality pre-built components for ASP.NET, Windows Forms, WPF, Silverlight and VCL as well as IDE Productivity Tools and Business Application Frameworks, all backed by world-class service and support. Our technologies help you build your best, see complex software with greater clarity, increase your productivity and create stunning applications for Windows and Web in the shortest possible time.
Try a fully-functional version of DXperience for free now: http://www.devexpress.com/Downloads/NET/