Update: XPO and Document Processor added to NuGet feed in v16.2.6 minor release
Update: Dashboard packages added to NuGet feed in v16.2.5 minor release
Good news, we are now offering NuGet packages for our ASP.NET subscriptions.
NuGet is the package manager for the Microsoft development platform including .NET. -NuGet.org
Licensed customers can request access to the Beta version by writing to email@example.com.
Follow this excellent step-by-step guide to setup your Visual Studio instance for our NuGet packages:
DevExpress NuGet Packages: T466415
The DevExpress NuGet feed requires the following:
- You must be a licensed customer
- Only certain development platforms like ASP.NET are currently available
- You should realize that this NuGet support is still only available as a 'beta', we are still working on the full implementation
- You should be using version 16.2, since that version is all we support
- Please read the section about "Limitations" before you switch to using NuGet packages
The biggest limitation for NuGet packages is that by design they cannot affect the Visual Studio IDE. In other words, they are most convenient for development scenarios such as build servers.
What this means in practice is that we will not be providing DevExpress design-time assemblies via NuGet, and hence the DevExpress controls will not be available in the Visual Studio Toolbox if you use these new packages. You will still have to install the product via our installation program for those design-time experiences.
Use the list below to determine which packages you need for your project:
- DevExpress.Web (All ASP.NET WebForms and ASP.NET MVC projects)
- DevExpress.Web.Mvc (ASP.NET MVC Projects)
- DevExpress.Web.Mvc5 (ASP.NET MVC Projects)
- DevExpress.Web.Office (Spreadsheet and RichEdit controls)
- DevExpress.Web.Reporting (Reporting)
- DevExpress.Web.Scheduler (Scheduler)
- DevExpress.Web.Themes (Themes)
- DevExpress.Web.Visualization (Chart and Gauge controls)
- DevExpress.Web.Bootstrap (ASP.NET Bootstrap controls)
- DevExpress.Web.Dashboard (ASP.NET WebForms Dashboard) - v16.2.5
- DevExpress.Web.MVC.Dashboard (ASP.NET MVC Dashboard) - v16.2.5
- DevExpress.Web.MVC5.Dashboard (ASP.NET MVC Dashboard) - v16.2.5
- DevExpress.Document.Processor - v16.2.6
- DevExpress.Xpo - v16.2.6
What do you think about the new DevExpress NuGet packages? We'd love to hear your feedback. Please let us know by adding your feedback to this knowledgebase article.
Your Next Great .NET App Starts Here
Year after year, .NET developers such as yourself consistently vote DevExpress products #1.
Experience the DevExpress difference for yourself and download a free 30-day trial of all our products today: DevExpress.com/trial (free support is included during your evaluation).