The CodeRush team, continuing its 45-day or less release pace, is ready to bring you the latest update to CodeRush for Roslyn, version 1.0.5.
Our previous release, CodeRush for Roslyn v1.0.4, included new refactorings, code providers, text commands, and test runner and code coverage support. You can download the latest version of CodeRush for Roslyn from the Visual Studio Gallery.
Zero Bug Policy
The team has a zero-bug policy, which essentially means we resolve all reported issues before we write new features. And so in this release, v1.0.5, we’ve prioritized quality and performance over new/ported functionality, resolving over 200 issues, including:
- Expansions in split views
- Corrected context to prevent unintended expansions inside XML doc comments and interpolated strings
- Corrected a number of template expansion issues in Visual Basic
- Exceptions when editing code
- Performance issues:
- Toggle Comment
- Test Runner in large files with a huge number of test cases
- An edge case out-of-memory exception
- Edge case deadlocks on solution open/close and Test Runner build
- Edge case crashes (when rename is invoked in navigation link, or when double-clicking tests in the Test Runner)
Other feature areas receiving improvements in this release:
- Code Cleanup
- Code Coverage
- Code Providers
- Linked Identifiers
- References tool window
- Tab to Next Reference
- Text Fields
- Test Runner
We also added hundreds of test cases to help ensure these issues never appear again.
New in v1.0.5:
We added the following new features in v1.0.5:
- CodeRush now updates test run progress on the Windows taskbar.
- The Test Runner filter now shows the full path to each test, so you can easily find the test you are looking for even if you have tests with identical names in different test fixtures.
- We added the "Add Else Statement" and “Declare Interface” code providers.
- Smart Constructor, Declare Class, Declare Property, and Declare Property (with field) are now available for Visual Basic developers.
Give it a Try
Give the 1.0.5 version a try and let us know what you think. You can download CodeRush for Roslyn from the Visual Studio Gallery.