We are tremendously excited about the fantastic extensions we are releasing for LightSwitch. In conjunction with our reporting offering (more below) we are bundling some of our data editors for FREE as well.
As you have seen in previous blog posts, some of the features include:
- On Demand Page Loading – makes for snappier reports
- Native LightSwitch Data Structure Support – make reports from Entities *AND* Queries
- Our Standard Report Designer – what more can I say?
- Simple licensing
We will definitely be adding more blog posts showing the versatility of reporting within LightSwitch!
Here is what we have done so far:
We have also added some DXEditors to our LightSwitch offering. These are completely free! Here are some of the ones you can look forward to seeing:
- Masked Text Edit
- Accounting and Percentage Editors
- Web Image and Web Link Edit
- Data Grid Integration
Licensing (for some) is always a challenging thing to approach. In this case we can describe the whole of it in 3 simple statements:
- Reporting for LightSwitch is an additional feature we have added for our existing reporting customers.
- If you are not a current customer and want to add reporting into your LightSwitch application the purchase price is $99.99 per developer.
- We will *NEVER* charge you runtime royalties fees or distribution costs.
Our New LightSwitch Page
Because of all of our new products that we have released, we have released a new page devoted to LightSwitch. You can check it out here:
We are anxious for your thoughts!
As always, if there are any comments and/or questions, feel free to get a hold of me!
Want The Best Reporting Tool Ever?
Get The No-Compromise Reporting Tool for WinForms, ASP.NET, Silverlight and WPF! - Native integration with DevExpress WinForms and ASP.NET Controls, unequalled design-time productivity, industrial-grade features. Try a fully-functional version of DXperience for free now: http://www.devexpress.com/Downloads/NET/
Let us know what you think of our Reporting Suite by rating it in the VS Gallery!